Recruiting via Social Network Sites
Considering the amount of time that people spend on social network sites each day, you would be mad not to consider this as a key recruitment strategy.
Job-hunters today can gain huge advantages by having a professional online presence. LinkedIn is one of the most used social networking tools out there – used by employees, employers and job-hunters worldwide. Forward-thinking companies also use Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Here are a few advantages of taking your recruitment to the places where everybody is already looking:
- Sharing – if your advert is particularly interesting or particularly relevant, people will share it. Here, you could catch the eye of those who may not have found you already or who have not even started their job search.
- Recommending – Word of mouth and personal recommendation matter a great deal in a world where people rely heavily on customer reviews.
- Crossing borders – social networks are worldwide, therefore your recruitment can stretch as far as you want. This is particularly useful for companies expanding abroad or for niche roles where specialists are hard to come by.
- Searching. You don’t need to spend every day posting tweets. An easier way is to use social media job search tools such as www.twitjobsearch.com. LinkedIn is also a great place to search for skilled people and view their contacts and credentials.
- Posting – if you have your own account, you have your own online job board. Here you can manage your own recruitment process and have somewhere to direct your followers from across the social media world.
For more tips on recruiting with social media, see http://www.simplifiedrecruitment.com/articles/how-to-use-social-media-to-recruit-good-people.aspx